We are in the home stretch! Found some more junky goodness in my mess, ‘er stash!! Valuable lesson learned, put the cap on! I managed to knock over my beloved bronze distress paint and nearly depleted the entire bottle!! But it’s on my shopping list so I won’t forget!
This is a vintage button that I LOVE and been hoarding, waiting for the perfect project to add it to. It has a shank that is way too heavy to clip off, so I packed the negative space with some “snot dots”. Okay they’re better known as therm-o-web Zots. I used the dimensional (pop up) dots. Then I pushed the button down hard onto the figure and quickly pulled it back off. It left an indention where the shank hit, so I used my X-acto blade and made a small hole. After that, I applied liquid glue around the dots and on the shank and popped the button into place. (Yup, used those fancy rubber bands to hold it in place while drying.) Some of these little do-dads & rhinestones were brads so I took my little clippers and snipped the back off for easier application!
I think I’m near finished!!! I’ll probably dick around with it a little more, tweaking here and there but for the most part it’s done! Last step is to mount it to my “vintage” candle stick holder and find it a home in my studio! This has been fun. Thanks for following this journey. Next time, the finished project! 🙂